Possible bug with platformer items

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
NinjaDog
001 Subscriber

Possible bug with platformer items

Postby NinjaDog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Ok so i had a mad but great idea of building my daughter a platformer game when all she has to do is collect Ice Lollies.

So all was great, as this is very simple to make i think.

It all worked well while testing through the test and play buttons on the command bar in the edit window.

However when i got to test and build with the main "Game > Test Game / Build Game" my character falls under ground level and wont pick up items.

is this bug or have i got to do something else, i can resolve the falling through ground with blocks

please help best regards

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Possible bug with platformer items

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:55 am

Thankfully this is a really simple fix! All you need to do is modify the "Starting Position".

You can do this by first going into the Game Settings

Then change the Starting Location by clicking on this button here

Then use CTRL+Mouse Wheel to move your Y layer until the ground tiles are no longer tinted red/green
GOOD
BAD
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions