3d enemy damaging sword which sticks to 3d model hand

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
joihnsonlee
001 Supporter

3d enemy damaging sword which sticks to 3d model hand

Postby joihnsonlee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm

how do i make my 3d sword stick/put into 3d model's hand as my model plays tthe swings sword animation in the sequence editor {found in sequence/collison icon in sprites}

also i want to know is how to make my sword damage the enemies when the sword touches them.

===========================================================================================

also i want to know do i make the 3d model animation from blender or 001 game creator

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: 3d enemy damaging sword which sticks to 3d model hand

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm

To start you would have to make an armature or your 3d model, then in the armature you would have to add holding point bones (named Holding Point 1, Holding Point 2, etc)
with that you can just use the base item system by placing your weapon model in one of the holding frames (doesnt matter which one, a good way to see the setup is by checking out the 3D template) and items snap to your placed bone orientation

The animation would be done in blender ;)
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

joihnsonlee
001 Supporter

Postby joihnsonlee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 pm

sorry to be a pain but

i tried using the 3d rpg template and i tried making a holding point by clicking on the holding point icon and then clicking on the 3d male model's (from 001 game creator's sprites) foot to add a weapon to it(just to practice what you said)

but it does nothing when i click on the 3d male model's foot to add a holding point? please?

also if you don't understand what i'm saying please tell me.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

no i got you, the 001 male in the 3d rpg project has the holding points embedded within the actual armature
so adding them within the engine kind of does an override on the existing coordinates

pretty much the items then stick to the embedded bones named Holding Point 1,2 etc and grab all of the rotation from the bone's keyframes

In the end you would end up with an armature made in blender, which contains the bones named as your holding points
Then when imported into the engine equipped items would snap to those bones, removing the need to futs with adding your holding points in manually within the sequencer

An easy way to view how it works is:
Create a new 3drpg template project
Open the male 3d model in the sprites tab
Open the sequencer in the bottom right
Click the ... (more)
And you can set the previewed items

In this picture it shows the ... option and the base Male model, no need to add the holding points in manually as they are contained within the created armature of the model

notice how the armature embedded holding points dont show up in the list ;)
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions