Temporarily stop showing stat numbers

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Temporarily stop showing stat numbers

Postby fma_lvr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm

When an actor's stat(including HP) is lowered, graphically, the relevant number is shown near the actor. I appreciate this, but if I'm slowly decreasing a stat, or temporarily affecting it in a way I want to be hidden, that might not look good.

Essentially, is there a way to set up a switch or script to simply turn this feature off for a moment, or better yet, a specific stat change?

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: Temporarily stop showing stat numbers

Postby AnvilHouse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 pm

I believe you wold have to make your own system of showing damage numbers, and turn off the one in visual settings as there isnt a default switch to turn it on and off selectively.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

fma_lvr
001 Subscriber

Re: Temporarily stop showing stat numbers

Postby fma_lvr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 am

AnvilHouse wrote:I believe you wold have to make your own system of showing damage numbers, and turn off the one in visual settings as there isnt a default switch to turn it on and off selectively.

I'm willing to do that, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Could you explain in more detail please?

Return to Technical Support Questions