3D water mesh 3D land or islands.

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
TheBlueThunder

3D water mesh 3D land or islands.

Postby TheBlueThunder » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:47 am

I want to know if it is possible for me to add a 3D water mesh with modifiers in blender to 001 Game Creator? Will it use the blender modifier, materials and animations?
I need to know because I plan on making a water level in my game that uses a boat in an open ocean. It would also be nice if we had some more tools in the game engine that can add a mesh plane and we can edit it with brushes for 3D lands because whenever I try to make a 3D model in blender for islands sometimes when it's too big the game engine has problems rendering it even when I set the render view to 99999 or less.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: 3D water mesh 3D land or islands.

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 am

Liquid modifiers wont be possible as they are insanely intensive, but you can make a faux water surface (moving which is sweet) by using bones pretty easily

instead of using one large piece you could probably make some tileable chunks to bypass the rendering issues (which is done in any large scale maps in other engines)

now to accomplish this i made a simple model and weight painted it using two bones, probably for a better look you would want 4 bones atleast

then after said weight painting it just a matter of shifting bones up and down to get your desired cycle of animation, here is a gif showing it
GIF.gif

hope this helps!
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

TheBlueThunder

Re: 3D water mesh 3D land or islands.

Postby TheBlueThunder » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:04 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:Liquid modifiers wont be possible as they are insanely intensive, but you can make a faux water surface (moving which is sweet) by using bones pretty easily

instead of using one large piece you could probably make some tileable chunks to bypass the rendering issues (which is done in any large scale maps in other engines)

now to accomplish this i made a simple model and weight painted it using two bones, probably for a better look you would want 4 bones atleast

then after said weight painting it just a matter of shifting bones up and down to get your desired cycle of animation, here is a gif showing it
GIF.gif

hope this helps!

Wow that's great! :D Very helpful indeed! Thank you AnvilHouse!

Return to Technical Support Questions