Fungi Frolic (v1.0 13/09/2016)

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Koutacles
001 Subscriber

Fungi Frolic (v1.0 13/09/2016)

Postby Koutacles » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 am

title.png
title.png (4.52 KiB) Viewed 845 times

About:
Take on a series of enchanting puzzle-platformer challenges, then make your own! Explore a 10-level campaign of increasing difficulty that also teaches you the fun interactions between objects!

Coming soon: the level editor! Make and share your own levels with friends.

Features:
-Bouncy mushroom fun
-Enemies both simple and intelligent
-Lots of goodies to collect
-Puzzle solving with pushable crates, toggle barriers and more!

Download the game here!

Version History:
Fungi Frolic v1.0 13/09/2016
-Game uploaded

I'm currently working hard on bringing the level editor to a public releasable state. Otherwise, use this thread to tell me what you think about the game so far - what works, what doesn't, or game objects you'd like to see!
Attachments
level7.png
Spooky levels!
level4.png
Underground levels!
level1.png
Safe, relaxing grassy levels!
aka Chaoman77
Play Fungi Frolic!
Solve platforming puzzles and then make your own!
Play Endless Sands!
Gather gold in a deadly pyramid then (hopefully) return alive to spend it on sweet, sweet loot!

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Fungi Frolic (v1.0 13/09/2016)

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 am

I gave this game a try and only got to level 3 and ran out of lives :( I really like this game, the boxes on level 3 are pretty neat with the mushroom bouncing, i did however come across a few issues listed below.

* On the first level if you bounce on the mushroom and hit the moving platform from below it pushes the platformer up a few pixels, eventually this stops you being able to actually run and jump onto the platformer making it impossible to complete the level.

* I personally feel the mushroom springs take to long to bounce.

* The actors collision doesn't appear to extend over the actors head, this results in the actors head going into tilesets and not being able to collect coins.

* On level 1 you can't die from the spikes at all. You can walk over them.

* The springs will activate just be walking into them from the left or right side even though the actor can not walk into the middle of them without jumping.

* If you walk towards a spring and then collide with it and then jump you can jumpon top of it without it activating.

* I think you should auto leave the level as you collide with the exit "or" show a button on screen so players know to press Enter.

Other than those issues this is a pretty neat game, very catchy music to. Well done! :D

Koutacles
001 Subscriber

Postby Koutacles » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:40 am

Danny wrote:1 On the first level if you bounce on the mushroom and hit the moving platform from below it pushes the platformer up a few pixels, eventually this stops you being able to actually run and jump onto the platformer making it impossible to complete the level.

2 I personally feel the mushroom springs take to long to bounce.

3 The actors collision doesn't appear to extend over the actors head, this results in the actors head going into tilesets and not being able to collect coins.

4 On level 1 you can't die from the spikes at all. You can walk over them.

5 The springs will activate just be walking into them from the left or right side even though the actor can not walk into the middle of them without jumping.

6 If you walk towards a spring and then collide with it and then jump you can jumpon top of it without it activating.

7 I think you should auto leave the level as you collide with the exit "or" show a button on screen so players know to press Enter.

Thanks Danny!

I'll have to test some of these and see what's happening.
1) I hadn't actually noticed this, but I was going to change how the platforms currently work anyway to be compatible with the level editor.
2) I like the timing of them, sometimes it lets enemies hop on for a ride too. I might make them a little quicker perhaps, as you're not the first to say so.
3) This was intentional - you have to jump for some of the coins. I might go back to having a taller hitbox, but it caused some issues.
4) Weird, the spikes kill me.. which spikes exactly?
5) I'll try and adjust the mushrooms.
6) I'll check it out.
7) I probably should add an icon to indicate that a button press is needed - at the moment the HELP menu mentions it.

Believe it or not, I actually thought that 10 starting lives was too generous :P
aka Chaoman77
Play Fungi Frolic!
Solve platforming puzzles and then make your own!
Play Endless Sands!
Gather gold in a deadly pyramid then (hopefully) return alive to spend it on sweet, sweet loot!

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 am

Weird, the spikes kill me.. which spikes exactly?

All of them on level 1. I can actually just walk on them.

Believe it or not, I actually thought that 10 starting lives was too generous :

I'm just awful at playing the game lol

Return to Games In Progress